I'm in! I'm here and I do have things to celebrate! I wasn't holding out when Ruth started Celebrate This Week. I was actually sitting in the presentation she was giving when this little seed started to rumble this past fall. I've watched from afar, I've read what others are celebrating weekly, and yet I didn't jump right in. Fast forward to today and I can't be afar anymore. I ended my spring break trip a day early and we drove straight home from Florida to spend today with Ruth and my Literacy Connection colleagues. As I listen to Ruth today, I know celebration is purposeful, needed, and necessary in many aspects of my life. Here are a few celebrations from my week.
1. Spending time in temperatures double of Ohio right now, surrounded by sunshine has nourished my soul.
2. Spending time with my immediate family without schedules and free choice all day long was fun.
3. Watching my daughters and husband interact with my in-laws brought smiles and laughter to everyone. Having grandparents far away is sad, so our time together is precious.
4. I got to read 5 books!
5. I re-created the habit of walking each morning and yes got up today to walk my two dogs in colder temperatures.
6. Ending my spring break with an energizing group of teachers brought together by The Literacy Connection and the amazing Ruth Ayers will guide the last seven weeks of school and what might come my way.