We got in from dinner the other night and I wanted to use the downstairs bathroom but it was occupied already. I started to grumble in my head and then realized this was an opportunity to get more steps today by going to an upstairs bathroom. So, I dashed upstairs and thought of a new Fitbit strategy - stop using the first floor bathroom! It sounded like a great idea at the time but to be honest I haven't fully implemented that idea in the days since. After this idea came to me I realized that since getting my Fitbit last spring I have several strategies and I could make a list. I love writing lists!
Taking More Steps in My Life
1. Walk in place while drying your hair.
2. Vacuum more often, that's about 1,000 steps.
3. Park father away in parking lots.
4. Look at lunch room duty as an opportunity for more steps.
5. Forget papers on the copier? no worries, more steps to go get them.
6. Use the second floor bathroom, only.
7. Have friends share step totals or be a Fitbit friend - it's quite motivating.
8. Get only 1 item at a time from the basement and go back for more.
9. Remember 1 mile is 2,000 steps - cheer to self, go Mandy go!
10. Have two dogs who need to walk twice daily, in all types of weather.
Thank you to Two Writing Teachers for fostering our writing community.